CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Run In with MARTHA!!!

OK, so most of you know I am pretty big on the whole celeb thing. I get star struck and am one of those followers. I subscribe to US Weekly, watch Entertainment Tonight and Extra nightly, love the E! network, etc. So being that the Super Bowl is here in Tampa I said I was going to go celeb hunting this weekend. As I was perusing the newpaper yesterday I saw that my friend, Martha Stewart, is coming to town! She was having a cookbook signing at the Macy's in Clearwater. Nobody seemed interested to join me so I decided to be brave and take the boys... alone!!! yikes! (By the way, I am a huge fan of Martha, I love her show, love her Everyday Food magazine, etc.) It started at 3:00 so as soon as Blake woke up from his nap I loaded him in the car (which I already packed while he was asleep) and told Coby we were going to see Ms. Martha, let's go. Clearwater is about a 45 minutes drive from my house, unfortunately with all of the Super Bowl hoopla in town, there was a ton of traffic! Needless to say it took an hour and 20 minutes... I was praying she was still there! I was practically running through the parking lot and finally stumbled upon her in housewares! It was awesome!!! I scooted Blake's stroller in and out of the crowd and housewares department bumped into everything in site and went to get in line. Ummm... the line was wrapped around the entire store! I heard the wait was 2 hours! I was so not going to make these boys wait in line with me for 2 hours just to get a 1/2 minute with my friend. So we watched her. So when I noticed the line was moving rather quickly, I decided to go for it. The line was only half way around the store now. It can't be that bad, right? Well, they sold out of the books and the line had reached it's limit. (Am I rambling on, or what?) To get to the point, we walked the mall and went to leave. I noticed a black Escalade with a driver waiting at the side door of Macy's. Just 4 people waiting out there with their cameras. I of course joined them and thankfully was able to catch her heading out the back door! So exciting!!! I wonder if she's going to talk about me on her show Monday, you know, the lady with the crazy kids??? =)

Martha!
Her back door exit

Only I would stand in front of her getaway car for a pic!
Didn't I tell you I was a paparrazzi?

4 comments:

Jodie said...

lol so now I see where I get my celeb craziness from..I learned from you! :) Glad you got to see your idol!

aunt evelyn said...

Holly only you would do that. I am glad it wasnt a waste for you. I am sure you are on cloud nine. My poor grandsons .What are you doing to them? Love you

Libby said...

You crack me up! What a fun time to remember!

Anonymous said...

I SO did this one time w/ Celine Dion (my idol). I didn't have kids at the time though so not as adventurous as you. Either way I went to one restaurant and then to another and drove right next to her limo hoping she'd roll down the window!!! Needless to say, she didn't...loser.